Privacy notice for clients
What is a privacy notice?
Under data protection law, as a client of Lisa Corner Fitness, you have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who we are
We are Lisa Corner Fitness, 07563198968, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we process
We record and use the following personal data about our clients:
- Details about you, such as your address, contact details, date of birth, previous medical history (via our client enrolment and health questionnaire).
- Any contact with the we have had with you, such as via email or any classes attended.
How we store your personal details
Any client attending our classes completes a client enrolment form containing personal details and current health status. This information is collected on paper form (you may chose to return this form electronically also). All paper files are stored in locked filing cabinets. We also use an electronic calendar system, payment and mailing services. The providers of these services have given written assurances that they are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulations. All electronic data is password protected and either securely stored on a locked, encrypted hard drive.
How long do we keep your personal details?
We will retain your data for a period of 1 year after your last attendance at one of our classes.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect information about you in order to provide a service requested by you or your organisation and to communicate with you about the classes you attend. We will only contact you if specifically requested to do so by you or your organisation.
Any customers with whom we have an existing and ongoing relationship may be added to our mailing list and we will use your preferred method of communication to let you know about any offers, services and information we feel would be of interest to you or your organisation. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in any of our emails. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and request to be removed. We will not add you to our mailing list simply because you have enquired about our services.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We never sell your information on to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass on your details to a third party but ONLY when specifically requested by you.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we use it
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly. We will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances
What to do if you have any objections or complaints
You can complain in the first instance by contacting us and we will do our best to resolve the matter. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns, or by calling 0303 123 1113.
How we obtain your data
Your personal data has been collected directly from you, via our client enrolment and health questionnaire form or by information you supplied when contacting us.
Privacy notice last updated: 25/05/2018
Lisa Corner Fitness