The GYROKINESIS® Method – one-to-one sessions
Why choose a one-to-one session?
The Gyrokinesis method is an effective exercise ‘therapy’ to improve health, wellbeing, posture and relieve pain. Unlike many types of exercise it incorporates the emotional and internal body as well as the external – after all it is all linked, one cannot be separated from the other. For me, Gyrokinesis exercise helps my on-going healing from chronic illness, Fibromyalgia. Where other therapies may have helped me to a point (and I have tried many different things over the years) Gyrokinesis exercise keeps on giving! There is always more to discover, deeper to feel, another way into a movement or a different way to relieve pain. This is why it is so accessible and adaptable to anyone and why I love it so much!
One-to-ones are the way to go if you’re looking for a more personalised and tailored experience, particularly if you have an injury or chronic illness – specific attention to your own body is important in this case, even if it is just to begin with to enable you join a group Gyrokinesis class later.
Whether you’re looking to simply improve your overall fitness, flexibility or strength, or you have a specific goal you would like to achieve or area of your body you would like to tend to – Gyrokinesis one-to-ones can help.
What to expect in your first session:
- We will start by chatting through your health and medical history, discussing any on-going injuries or illness you may have and what has brought you to Gyrokinesis exercise.
- We will discuss any goals or priorities you may have
- I will assess your posture and range of movement by guiding you through some simple exercises and feedback to you what I find
- I will then personally tailor Gyrokinesis exercises to your needs, taking into account all of the above that we have discussed
- I will introduce you to the principles of the Gyrokinesis method (we will get moving and enjoy a one-to-one class!)
- I will provide you with optional exercises you can do at home yourself
Allow an hour and a half for your first session (£45). There is no obligation to continue.
Continuing one-to-one sessions
After the first session, if you chose to carry on, each session will last either 1 hour (£45) or 1.5 hours (£60) – depending on what you would prefer. One-to-ones can be as often or as sparse as you like, everyone is different and it is important that you find the right fit for you. We will build each session on the previous, working on your body as we find it.
If you’re not sure how Gyrokinesis exercise can help you, please get in touch and we can have a chat at a time that’s convenient to you, no obligation.
GYROTONIC®, GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® and GYROKINESIS® are registered trademarks of Gyrotonic Sales Corp and are used with their permission.